Friday, September 10, 2010

Musings on Pop Culture and Friendship

Moogie recently watched age 55 disappear in the rear-view mirror.  It was a little-heralded birthday, but pleasant nonetheless, especially so because Pepper took me out to dinner -- even made the reservation all by himself! -- and I didn't have to clean up the kitchen.  I love to cook; don't like to clean up the kitchen.

I'm not sure why, but one of my very favorite things in the world is goofy cocktail napkins.  My bestest buddy Diane, who lives most of the time in Hong Kong now, called on my birthday and I opened my gift from her while we were chatting and sharing a long-distance cup of coffee (isn't that skype thingy amazing?!) 

Are you ready for this?



She knows me waaaay too well!

2 comments:

  1. Heh. That napkin is all TOO true for the younger set... who will discover the virtues of discretion much too late.

    Happy Happy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid you're all too right, Buck. I heard something the other day to the effect that every young person will have to change his name and SSN by his mid-20s to escape everything he's posted on Facebook. There was even a couple of sessions on "social media" at the employment law seminar we attended in May. Many employers have staff members in place who do nothing besides monitor Facebook and MySpace! Incredible.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete