Monday, May 10, 2010

Fundraising for the Fishers


I missed Jazzfest this year with all the wedding festivities and recovery, but I may have been given a musical mulligan courtesy of the BP Thing.

Typical of New Orleans, when something really good or really bad happens, funds must be raised to help out neighbors in need. And the standing rule in this city mandates that there be good music and good food on hand at all fundraising activities.

The local seafood industry has taken a serious kick in the chops since a giant bit of submarine flatulence caused the the Deepwater rig to do its thing, shutting down oysterbeds and fishing waters.

Hence, just announced for this Sunday's schedule: The Gulf Coast Benefit on the riverbank outside Mardi Gras World featuring Lenny Kravitz, Dr. John, and lots of local talent. I haven't heard anything about the food yet, but the music promises to be sweet.

We'll just see how tired out the old man is after three days of golf tournament.

Love me some Lenny.

1 comment:

  1. Love me some Lenny.

    And I loves me some Mac Rebennack. It is to envy you... I'd love to Walk On Gilded Splinters. Again.

    ReplyDelete