Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reid's Omission


It just hit me like a bolt from the blue.

Even in his zeal to round up votes in both chambers of Congress, we haven't heard yet from Harry Reid how grateful he is that his wife and daughter had adequate health insurance after their scary rear-end car accident last week.

Why do you suppose that is?

Does he wish to distract the voting public from focusing on the notion that:
(a) denizens of Congress and their dependents have pretty spiffy health options, or
(b) the healthcare proposals are penal and wholly unconstitutional, or
(c) Congressional procedural shenanigans are sneaky and wicked, or
(d) Reid may have put a vehicular hit on his own family to generate sympathy for either himself or the healthcare debate?

Just some ruminations in cyberspace, you know?

Whichever, he's an ignoble SOB and I'm happy that his family will make a full recovery.

Send bail money.

4 comments:

  1. I'll go with "all of the above". =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moogie, I've wondered the same thing myself. I know a bit of that was "tongue-in-cheek," but I honestly think (a) would be most likely in the case of a calculating bastard like Reid.

    I'm also glad his clan will be okay. But, it is awfully strange how "mum" he has been...and how the MSM has kinda let this aspect of it all fall by the wayside. Well, I guess it's not really "strange." Probably more "typical."

    God knows I dream of the "good old days" when Dimocrap Majority leaders like Daschle, and Mitchell ran the show. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully Mrs. Reid heals up quickly, so she can slap some sense into Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll NEVER hear a Congresscritter discuss their healthcare. Noblesse Oblige and all that. It's just not cricket, Old Boy! Harumph.

    Coz the hoi polloi might begin askin' questions.

    ReplyDelete