Friday, March 5, 2010

No Saturday Rest for the Moogie


Remember Sophie Wright Middle School Academy a half-block down the street? The School whose marching band I've bragged on and encouraged?

They've turned on me.

Tomorrow, Sophie Wright will host the Louisiana Drumline Mini-Camp, a "workshop for experienced drummers ages 8 - 18, " including sessions on drums and other percussion instruments.

Legions of eight year old drummers! Hooray.

Even if they forget and leave their drumsticks at home, it won't matter -- a new pair of drumsticks is included in the registration fee.

The hours? 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..

So much for a peaceful Saturday morning sleep-in. And so much for a morning without bleeping beeping bus backing upping.

*Sigh* What I go through to support the arts.

2 comments:

  1. Moogie, you're a better man than I am! I had one of those drummers that lived in my house for about 19 years.

    I killed him.

    Not really...but I wanted to.

    I shall be praying for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. A built-in alarm for Sattidy. Who could ask for MORE?

    ReplyDelete