Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Venezuela in Jeopardy


I've tried to keep it from him for as long as I can, but my husband may now be painting camo on his face and dusting off his jungle BDUs for a covert invasion of Venezuela.

He can sort of tolerate the state taking over television and radio stations. He can barely tolerate Chavez sucking up to the Castro brothers and demonizing Honduras. He can even kind of tolerate the newest cozy relationship among Venezuela and other OPEC nations.

But this he cannot tolerate: Hugo Chavez has declared golf to be a bourgeois non-sport played by lazy elitists, and anything but a "peoples' sport." Nine courses have been nationalized and closed so far.

I've done all that I can, people of Venezuela; I can't restrain him any longer. You'd better follow Cuba's lead of wooing golf tourists, get rid of Chavez, or prepare to face the consequences wrought by the Golf Avenger. You're on your own.

2 comments:

  1. HORY CLAP! THAT'S IT FOR OOOOOOOOOGO! I LOVE GOLF!

    tell mr. moogie i'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I've always considered the nine iron to be a lethal weapon (in a suicidal sense). But we digress...

    ReplyDelete