Friday, March 25, 2011

I Give

Okay, Mr. Blogger.  I'm not sure what it is that you want of me, but I give up.  Mardi Gras 2011 in Video is apparently not to be.

Jerk.

So, to assuage my pain and sense of loss, I think I'll try to post some ordinary pictures and see if you sabotage them, too.

It's oak flower season in New Orleans.  This year isn't as bad as some have been, especially the spring after Katrina when all the trees were working overtime to recover, but it's plenty bad enough.  This is what my car has looked like every morning this week (the birds have been using it for target practice, too):

The parades may be over, but the memory (and the evidence) remains.  I saw a guy on St. Charles Avenue the other day with a long hook, picking beads out of the trees and dumping them in his trunk.  He had enough to set up a stand in the French Market after he sorted and banded them -- and that's probably what he planned to do!  And he probably picked this tree bare.  That's a shame because the rest of us really like to look at them all year long.

There.  Do your worst, Mr. Blogger!  I shall not yield on photographs.  Nay, say I!  I shall not yield.

5 comments:

  1. Psst! Upload the videos to Youtube and then put the Youtube embed code in your blog. That's what I do. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Moogie, we've got the Oak pollen, and pecan blooms just starting. Hallelujah! I'm not allergic to none of it, and the weather is fine and dandy for my taste.

    As for the rest of the clan...not so much. I've posted a few wmv's that people have sent me over the years to Blogger's video upload, and they've worked okay.

    But, Murphy done gived good advisements. Go ahead and get you a YouTube channel and upload them there. Not only will you be able show 'em off to your readers, they WILL be found by many thousands of others. (Plus, their display is a lot better than The Globber).

    As I understand it, it's not difficult to set up. I've thought about it myself, but I don't have a video camera.

    Paul Mitchell has a You Tube channel that he might let you experiment with an upload on. Just ax him...he'll probably help you get it going, since he has NOTHING ELSE TO DO SINCE HE MOVED BACK TO CIVILIZATION!

    Good pix, Moogie! Actually, I'm very proud of you for forging ahead with stuff like flickr, uploading vids, and all. You know, we've got to keep learning for our own good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh... I call those "oak worms"... they are bad for every one, allergies or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Murphy and Andy said about the Tube o' You. It's the easiest thing in the world to set up an account and uploading is painless, if slow. I've used it for Cheesy Videos™ for years now.

    All y'all still have DoD stickers on your cars? How very retro! USAF did away with 'em completely a couple o' years ago. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess playing with YouTube will be tomorrow's project! Especially since I have a hard time being outdoors right now.

    ReplyDelete