Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thirty-one Years Ago Today . . .


. . . I said, "I do," and my life changed forever.


In 1978 I knew I loved the guy, but I never even suspected how much I would grow to like him.


He keeps me on my toes, challenges my intellect, and has exposed me to some pretty weird stuff! I tell him that he attacks life while I'm more of an observer of life. He doesn't disagree.


His tenacity and genius amaze me to this day. And he still has a pretty cute butt.


He gave me a fantastic step-son who is as my own, and two wonderful daughters. Together, we've welcomed grandbabies and buried parents and friends. Together, we've experienced and witnessed unspeakable tragedies -- and we were drawn closer as a consequence. Together, we've experienced and witnessed wonders -- and we dream of more yet to come.


He willingly eats my "experiments" (even tomato aspic -- once!) and holds me when I cry. He pisses me off at times, then surprises me with the simplest little kindnesses.


I knew that our marriage would be long-lasting when we survived studying for and passing the Bar exam -- 30 days of togetherness in the house, stressed out 24/7, isn't easy even when you're still in the "lovey" part of love. Certainly this sturdy partnership will withstand building the lake house!


He recently told me that he would have me at his side, and trust me, in battle. No greater compliment has any man paid his wife. And he knows I understand that.


So, I love ya', Babe. Here's to the next 31!

3 comments:

  1. aawwwww!!! i LOVE a good love story. this such a sweet tribute. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby!

    if you decide to visit me at "my voice...."

    click on "a little light, mushy" for our love story.

    nice blog!

    ~maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Moogie! I love reading great love stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this on my phone last night but was too lazy to deal with posting a comment...so a day late. :(

    Happy Anniversary parental people!!

    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete