Thursday, June 4, 2009

An American Soldier Slaughtered on American Soil: R.I.P., PVT Long


The ol' man hasn't seen it yet, so this might not make it to the Post Office (we don't want that retirement check to "disappear" mysteriously, now do we?). But someone needs to clue the Young President in:

President Barack H. Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500

re: Murder of U.S. Army Soldier in Little Rock, Arkansas


Mr. President:


On Monday, June 1st, Privates William Andrew Long and Quinton I. Ezeagwula were gunned down in a parking lot in Little Rock, Arkansas, by 23 year-old Abdulhakim Muhammad, who was recently converted to Islam while in prison. PVT Long died.

Your office issued a statement concerning the event on Wednesday afternoon -- I have yet to see or hear anything about your statement other than through Arkansas media outlets. I am aware of it simply because I have family in Arkansas and have been watching to see how our Commander in Chief would react to the slaughter of one of his soldiers on American soil by an extremist member of a religion whose favor he is currying overseas at this very moment. The statement issued by your office as you traveled to Saudi Arabia reads:

"I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young
soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our
country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to
offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss
of their son."


Contrast the message to your soldiers' families with your expressions of "shock and outrage" at the "heinous act of violence" that took the life of some doctor in Wichita, and made on the same day as the murder. Oh, and your press office should be aware that PVT Long also left behind a sister. Do you see a problem here?

The American Legion hosted a memorial service in Little Rock on June 4th to give the public a chance to pay their respects. A traveling Liberty Bell monument was also there; it travels around the country to honor those who have fallen in service to our country.

Who was your representative at the service? Where was Mrs. Obama, who, during your campaign, pledged to place military families among her highest priorities?

It is obvious that you could not attend a memorial in person -- your travel schedule was set in stone long ago. But, Mr. Obama, you are our Commander in Chief. One of your soldiers was unexpectedly slaughtered on American soil while in uniform by a Muslim extremist. And your office could do no better than express deep sadness and ignore the sister of the fallen?

I find myself being glad, perhaps for the first time since his retirement after nearly 35 years of service to the Army and Army National Guard, that my husband is no longer in uniform. I am glad he is retired because now I am free to express my outrage at the deplorable behavior of our Commander in Chief (or at the complete and total mismanagement of his communications staff). I find myself ashamed of my President and his cavalier treatment of his soldiers. And that makes me "deeply saddened."

You should be ashamed, too, Sir.

Sincerely
,
MoogieP
cc: Mrs. Michelle Obama

Lord, what will he do at Normandy this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. "Lord, what will he do at Normandy this weekend?"

    I can't bear to think too hard on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was renewing his car tags on the morning of the murder. He came upon the scene 15 minutes after it had happened.
    I hope everyone knows that this young man was one of the best in his military class. His reward was to be stationed in his own hometown for 3 weeks. The Army wanted his hometown to know what an awesome representation he was for any potential recruits to observe.
    I would like to refer your readers to this website
    http://www.stratfor.com/
    The Bill Clinton library has world-class speakers on a regular basis. Recently, I heard Fred Burton author of "Ghost" which is all about his life as a counter-terrorism pioneer. He is the real-life equivalent of Jack Bauer's boss.
    Currently, Burton has a private organization that consults and keeps information out there regarding his field of expertise.
    Regarding the murder of our soldier, Burton expressed outrage personally to my husband via email. He said, given the circumstances surrounding the terrorist, he should have been under 24 hour surveillance.
    But he wasn't...because...orders had been given from the top down to "back-off" monitoring these types of people (see Burton's website for this article or it may have just been in his weekly e-mail to which anyone can subscribe.)
    I don't know about you, but, this scares the poop out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been seething about this since OOO made his apology tour to the m.e. - stating that islam has made so many (false) contributions to society.

    check the following video out:

    http://alwaysonwatch2.blogspot.com/2009/06/video-taken-june-4-little-rock-arkansas.html

    you will be inflamed.

    ReplyDelete