Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ah, New Orleans!

I attended a neighborhood association meeting last night. I expected to get some good information and to meet our new District 2 Police Major. I didn't expect irony.

Those of us who had donated money to purchase "Neighborhood Watch" signs were told that we could pick them up at the close of the meeting and receive instructions for mounting them on our block. You know the sign -- the one with the shadowy "Boris" figure leering at you, obviously up to no good.

So, with my sign in hand, I asked Nell about the mounting instructions. She replied that I could attach it to any utility pole on my block, but I should be certain to mount it high enough "to discourage anyone from stealing it."

Steal the Neighborhood Watch sign. New Orleans to a tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment