Friday, January 23, 2015

Catching Up

Hmmm. Blogger seems to be very tired today. Sloooooowwwww to load.

I know how it feels.

My brain seems to be in suspended animation, so please pardon the rambling.

We went to the CAMAN Ball in New Orleans last weekend, then spent the following night at Covey Rise Sportsmen's Lodge with Bouie (He and Pepper had done a quail hunt on Friday and Saturday morning after dropping me at the hotel in NOLA). The next morning I got to shoot skeet for the very first time ever!  I even killed two of those critters! Pretty impressive stuff, if I do say so myself. Here's the skeet shooting range:


And my "Badge of Honor" (for not holding the shotgun correctly on one shot -- shhhh, don't tell anyone! I was kinda proud the bruise wasn't any worse!):


We also got to visit with some neighbors from Moogie's Mansion's 'hood, then made a stop at Rouse's to stock up on some stuff that we just can't get in Little Rock. Hmmm. There seems to be a substantial amount of alcohol involved:


Yes, Moogie and Pepper did some pretty serious bootlegging.

One of my dearest childhood friends and her husband spent a few nights with us this week after her sister-in-law passed away unexpectedly and they came to town for the funeral. I haven't really gotten to spend any time with her in probably 25 years. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we picked up right where we left off, as if not a day had passed. In fact, we were so engaged in visiting and catching up that we totally missed the Young President's State of the Union Address! What a lovely lagniappe to the visit (and panacea for my blood pressure!).

So, I guess you can go home again.  Nice to know.

5 comments:

  1. With some people you just pick up as if there was never a break.

    I got a buet of a bruise the first time I fired the shotgun Dad said would "kill in front and cripple behind."

    ReplyDelete
  2. With some people you just pick up as if there was never a break.

    I got a buet of a bruise the first time I fired the shotgun Dad said would "kill in front and cripple behind."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepper told me that at least I did better than Grandson #2 (age 8) -- he was knocked on his keister! Your Dad was pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like shooting pistols and rifles, but I cringe at shotguns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was kinda surprised that it didn't knock me for a loop,
    Lou.

    ReplyDelete