Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Veterans' Day

The day that we formerly celebrated the termination of WWI on the western front -- Armistice Day.  Many still recognize the Armistice with two minutes of silence at the Eleventh hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh month.  I did, turning my thoughts to those who served, those who lost their lives, and the families left to keep the home fires burning.

And I am grateful to each and every soul who dons the uniform, voluntarily, with pride, to serve and protect American interests both at home and abroad.  I am grateful to those who serve today as well as those who have hung up the camo of whatever hue.

Thank you!  Wholeheartedly, thank you.

My father (USNR, 20+ years), my father-in-law (Army Air Corps), my son (ARNG), my great-uncle (WWII).

And that fella I live with:
Army and Army Guard (34+ years).

My children have a pretty good gene pool!


Is this guy saluting with his left hand?  I just noticed that.  Hmmm.  But, you get the idea, right?


4 comments:

  1. Many thanks to this post, to your family who serve and have served...and to you who keep the home fires burning as they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Pepper a handshake, and a "Thank You Sir" from me (heartfelt...and I mean it)...

    ...And a wet kiss on the mouth from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pepper and all who have served, are serving, & all who will serve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good gene pool indeed! I'm a day late, but today's the day everyone's off from work to celebrate, anyway.

    A big thank you to you... mil-spouses serve, much more than people give them credit for... and yours, Moogie.

    ReplyDelete