Friday, August 28, 2009

R.I.P., Mary Jo; Ta-ta Teddy.


Look at the dates on the Kopechne family headstone -- no one should have to bury a child. Certainly, no one should have to bury a child lost through the unclean hands of a "trusted statesman" and elected official.

This morning's IMAO post examines Random Thoughts about the career and passing of Ted Kennedy. In particular, Frank J. notes that justice would have been served if someone had hit Teddy with a plane, a la 9/11.

My thought: hitting him with the prop of a Coast Guard Rescue Cutter would be much more suitable.

That having been expressed, however, I'm now guilty of disobeying my Sainted Mama's admonition: "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all."

So, yes Ma'am. *crickets.* *cicadas.*

3 comments:

  1. Your Mom and mine were cut from the same cloth, Moogie.

    Verification word: "ching." I kid thee not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know what they say. If you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ted, over at moonbattery said his wife admonished him of the same thing, so he told her, "ted's dead. ain't that nice?!?" thought i'd spew my tea!

    ReplyDelete