Wednesday, May 27, 2009

R.I.P., Dear Goose

I just joined the Facebook group, "Stop the Stelly Tax Increase," a Louisiana measure to reverse part of the Stelly tax plan that prevents Louisiana families from fully deducting charitable gifts, mortgage interest and certain medical costs from their Louisiana state income taxes. I also started a Discussion topic entitled, "The Legislature Should Read This Obituary." Here it is:

"R.I.P., Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs. Killed by government appetite for shiny omelets, and rampant demands for increased egg output to stimulate less
productive barnyard fowl.

"The Goose leaves no survivors."


Amid reports that first quarter tax revenues are down significantly nationwide, it appears that there will soon be pretty slim pickings at Old McDonald's place

E-I-E-I-Owe.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who runs a non-profit...what a stinky way to raise taxes!

    I know, however, that it is on Obama's radar to do the same. What a jerk...who will suffer more than the poor...the recipients of charitable giving?

    Oh...I get it...Big Brother knows more about how to feed and clothe the poor than the Church! From selling cars to all acts of benevolence...the government really is our source of all things.

    Hmmmm...Marxist?

    ReplyDelete