Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nancy, With the Lying Eyes

Saved to my Documents folder as "Lying Pelosi Letter" and mailed this afternoon:



Dear Speaker Pelosi:

I write to you again as an active participant in the T.E.A. Party movement, and as a concerned citizen. You are the leader of my House of Representatives and third in presidential succession. As such, you are answerable to me even though I do not live in your District.

Recently many people have become confused and concerned about national security, in no small part because there are lingering doubts about who said what, when, in connection with enhanced interrogation techniques employed against suspected terrorists. You are one of the "whos;" the Central Intelligence Agency is the other.

Today, I watched televised accounts of your press conference. You and your entourage skirted and refused to answer questions about those lingering doubts. In fact, you noted that you will be answering no further questions about the matter in the future. That will be a mistake.

If the C.I.A. lied to you, and continuously lies to Congress -- as you have stated on more than one occasion -- the American people deserve to know. We simply cannot have prevaricators among those who are responsible for our national and domestic security. We cannot witness as our elected officials -- or our citizens -- become the victims of deceit.

I am certain you are as concerned about this issue as is the rest of the country.

Therefore, I ask that you initiate an investigation into these allegations and demand the release of contemporaneous C.I.A. meeting notes about the 2002 briefings in which you participated. The sooner, the better.

Sincerely,
cc: Rep. Anh "Joseph" Cao, Rep. Vic Snyder, President Barack H. Obama
Now, will someone please help me extract my tongue from my cheek?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you just might hear from your representative, seeing as how he's that rarest of species... a N'Awlins Republican. But maybe not.

    Well said, Moogie... tongue in cheek or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohdang moogiep! this ought to get you a visit from the eff bee aye!

    ReplyDelete