Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Panic in NYC? What Panic?

From the White House Press Conference, April 27, 2009, as posted on the White House website:


Second question, do you guys feel you owe folks in New York City this morning an
apology for this incident having to do with the airplane that looks like Air
Force One with two fighter jets? There seemed to be a lot of panic --
MR.
GIBBS: I would point you to the FAA or Air Force.
Q Everybody's pointing
us
to the White House Military Office, so that's why --
MR. GIBBS: Well,
then I
would contact the White House --
Q Well, the White House Military
Office
won't tell us anything -- they'll refer us to you. (Laughter.)
MR.
GIBBS:
Well, then let me go discuss with the White House Military -- I don't
-- I have
seen some news reports but --
Q What was the photo op
for?
MR. GIBBS: I
don't know. That's -- I have no information on this
other than what I saw
--
Q I mean, I understand the way this works. I'm
just saying,
appearance-wise, it's odd that you guys don't have a response.
I mean, this is
the President's aircraft or what looks like --
MR. GIBBS:
I understand. I was
working on other things. You might be surprised to know
I don't know of every
movement of Air Force One or what happens to it. But I
will certainly talk to
the Military Office.
Q -- very edgy about it.

Yeah -- "edgy" might be an appropriate adjective.

I'm thinking Gibbs is protesting just a wee tad too much. Glib s.o.b..

No comments:

Post a Comment