Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Dog Days of January in New Orleans

Yesterday the temperature never rose out of the 40s -- today it's in the 60s and predicted to hit near 80 tomorrow. My dogs are really confused.

They are having a ball today, however. I couldn't get them to stay outdoors yesterday and today I can't get them in! Bouie, the young black lab, resisted my most recent attempt to get him to walk on the treadmill. I even walked on it with him! He just spooked -- such a big, bad dog!

All three are in the front yard now -- sprawled out in the grass with the warm sun showering down on them, listening to the middle school marching band practice in the schoolyard down the street. Do you suppose they know that Mardi Gras parades are less than a month away?

No comments:

Post a Comment