Saturday, April 19, 2014

April Showers and April Flowers

Have I mentioned before just how very fascinating the yard is at Moogie's Manor?  Spring has been a season of continual discovery.  Something new pops up every day!

There are several varieties of Maple.  This is the flower/seed pod from one of them. How pretty is that!




The Harry Lauder's Walking Stick that was featured here so prominently during the ice storms is interesting in the Spring, too.



My herb garden survived the gully-washer of a rain that we had a few nights ago -- and the dips into sub-freezing temperatures.  I think I'm going to give peppers -- both bell and jalapeno -- a shot. Bunnies and chipmunks don't eat peppers, do they?  After that rain, we now understand why it is so difficult to keep mulch in the downstairs flower beds.  We could have done a little white-water rafting if we had been so inclined!

Wishing you a glorious day before Easter.  I hope you get all the jelly beans your little hearts desire.  I'm off to babysit with #4 so his parents can have an early 4th Anniversary celebration.  Can you believe it's been FOUR years?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned before just how very fascinating the yard is at Moogie's Manor?

    Why, yes. Yes, I believe you have. With good reason, too.

    I love those lil helicopter thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm NOT the only one to call them helicopter thingies! My grandmother had a big ol' Mimosa. I played with those thingies for hours!

    ReplyDelete