Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thinking About Thankfulness



I am thankful for having had a great dog in my life. I've had plenty of wonderful dogs, but only Bouie was great. And, I'm thankful for having his "lady" and his offspring in our home to love.

I kinda like my husband, too. I'm thankful he has been in my life these many decades.

I'm thankful for our healthy children and grandchildren, and for the opportunity to see them regularly without having to drive 7 or 8 hours.

I'm thankful to have my father, now 86 years old, still with us. And, I'm thankful to be able to go to doctors' appointments with him so he won't have to walk so far. And, I'm thankful to be here in Little Rock to support him as he begins radiation therapy for lung cancer. I'm truly and prayerfully grateful that his prognosis is good.

I'm thankful for good friends.

I'm thankful I don't have to move anytime soon.

I'm thankful for my Senior Discount at Krogerville. And, I'd better go use it before all the other geezers get all the good stuff.



2 comments:

  1. Seeing your posts on Bouie makes me sad, but I am glad you have his offspring and lady. We had a house full of dogs today with all my relatives and all their dogs. They followed my mom around - she is such a soft touch when it comes to feeding the dogs from the table.

    Cancer is never fun or easy. It is good that you will be there for your dad. That is one thing that I am thankful for - the time I was able to spend with my dad when he was fighting cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are comforting, Lou. Thanks. (I thought I'd posted this weeks ago. Oops.)

    ReplyDelete